Welcome to my kitchen!
There is something special about cooking a meal for the people you love. There is something even more special about enjoying a meal prepared by someone who loves you. You can taste the effort and warmth in every bite. I cook for my family every day, not only because I enjoy doing it but also because I have Celiac Disease, which means I cannot consume any gluten. Eating out for me is extremely hard, so I choose to make everything from scratch at home in my kitchen.
I recently decided that I wanted to share some of my favourite recipes, and that is how Robin’s Kitchen was born. My very own YouTube series cooking show! In the first episode, I made a delicious Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta. Along with cooking it, I thought it would be fun to present the dish to my fellow KT Colleagues; take a look at episode 1 of Robin’s Kitchen to find out what they thought.
This recipe is a massive hit in my house; both of my kids and my husband love it! I make this dish about once a week now. The best part is it only takes about 25 minutes to complete a perfect weeknight dinner!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 lb. of shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley (save half for topping the dish)
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 package of spaghetti or linguini noodles (I used gluten-free pasta, you can also substitute with zucchini or squash noodles)
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or butter) to the pasta, season with salt and put aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the same skillet, season with salt and sauté for 2 minutes per side.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and half of the chopped parsley and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add your pasta to the skillet and toss everything together.
- Adjust the taste with salt if needed, add remaining parsley to the top of the dish and serve.
Some of the KT crew enjoying their lunch.