Happy 10th anniversary Family Day (in Ontario!) It feels like we’ve had the Family Day holiday for only a few years, but it is actually celebrating its 10th anniversary in Ontario. It would be great to celebrate Family Day during the nice warm summer months but having a long weekend in the dreary winter months is pretty sweet. And if you look, there are actually a ton of things you can do with your Family during this February long weekend.
Here is what we recommend you check out for Family Day if you are in Milton!
1) Glen Eden Fun – On February 17th and 18th, you can check out the Glen Eden Food Truck Series! Here you will find a number of Food Trucks selling delicious eats after your adventure on the slopes. On February 19, 2018 from 12-230pm, there will also be a campfire event featuring a magician to entertain the whole family. And if that’s not enough, it will also be United Way Day on Feb. 19, 2018 at Glen Eden. There will be food, entertainment and some Olympic events all in supporting the Halton United Way.
2) Snow Shoeing at Crawford Lake – if skiing and snowboarding is not your jam, try a relaxing stroll through Crawford Lake in snow shoes! How fun does this sound? The snow shoe trail is considered easy and you can even rent snow shoes right at Crawford Lake. If you don’t have kids in tow, you can try their Evening Moonlight Snowshoe Hike (Feb 17, 2018 6pm-8pm) where you are guided through the trail under the beautiful star lit skies. After all your hard work, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate by the fire! You deserve it!
3) Town of Milton Free Activities – There is a whole day full of fun and free things to do at the Milton Sports Centre and the Milton Leisure Centre. From Slime Making workshops to Family Zumba, there are all different kinds of crafts and sports activities to choose from. Guarantee you will find something the whole family will love! Check out the Town of Milton’s full schedule of free activities here: https://www.milton.ca/en/play/familyday.asp
4) Life Yoga Studio Family Yoga Session – Take some zen time for you and your family during this busy long weekend. Life Yoga studio is the only dedicated non heated yoga studio in Milton and they are hosting their famous Family Yoga session. Yoga is a great way to introduce exercise, stretching, stress and anxiety management to the whole family. Sign up today before spots fill up here: http://lifeyogastudio.com/pages/workshops-and-series
5) Enjoy a Show at the Milton Centre for the Arts – If you want to sit back, relax and watch a show with the kids, Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. is playing all weekend long during the Family Day weekend at the Milton Centre for the Arts. If you are able to make it on the Friday special matinee performance (February 16, 2018 at 10am), proceeds of the tickets goes to support the Milton District Hospital. And tickets are only $10, score!